What I’m doing now
Steve Spindler – last updated Nov 20, 2015
Derek Sivers suggested creating a “What I’m doing now” page. It’s a good idea.
Current goal is to be a better communicator
I’m working on my communication skills to better support my family, collaborators, clients, community and myself. It’s a skill, and I have a lot of room for improvement.
- Writing letters
- Answering questions from clients via email, more every day
- Learning to code so that I can mock up improvements to WikiMapping
- Developing short videos to show people how to accomplish simple tasks
- Planning a video series on how to design bike and transit map
Some days I travel to the mountains in NE Pennsylvania to go hiking, bicycling or to meet with trail planners and advocates. This, and while I clean around the house, is my time to listen to audiobooks.
Areas of focus: WikiMapping, Cartography, Community, & Family
- I work from home to prioritize family activities
- Kids activities
- Prioritizing home improvement projects
- Preparing for holidays and guests
- Weekend outings
- Updating WikiMapping UX to better meet the needs of users.
- Building an FAQ based on emails I receive
- Creating videos
- Talking with Project Administrators
- Figuring out how to spend money
- Creating a bridge between multiple disparate datasets within PA & NJ to speed production of local maps.
- Burlington County Bike Map – final edits, about to go to press
- Union County Transit Map Mock up – Making a “How to” video
- Delaware & Lehigh – Starting third map for the Anthracite & a kiosk map for Wilkes-Barre
- Charlotte, NC Regional bike map – thinking about. Complete by June.
- Philly Map – Regional Transit Map. – Planning
- Mapping trail advocates and professionals. – Thinking about
- Looking at bicycle mobility in Montgomery County
- Wrapping up the 2015 year financials for Jenkintown Community Alliance
- Helping out a little at church
- Supporting CISV by developing the Philadelphia Chapter website.